Wednesday, August 8

Hi ho hi ho......

I went to work today, not the kind of work I've been doing lately that involves sitting in front of the computer writing workshops or messing with the (damn, blasted, son-of-a-bitch) website. No, this was work out there...... in the world......with 'people'. In the morning I did the first session of a 6 week course I'm running for the most fantabulous bunch of women, I love them already, and in the afternoon I spent a happy hour or so with a lovely client.

So, for the first time since I finished work (28 June) I got out of my yoga pants and put on some 'proper' clothes. Well, not really the first time, we have been to a couple of social functions where I wore something that wasn't elasticated and I also wear my PJs sometimes. Anyway, the weirdest thing has happened. My favourite smart brown bootleg pants have shrunk! I'm not quite sure how it happened, they've been hanging innocently in the wardrobe, I haven't accidently washed them or anything. Strange isn't it?

Now I know what you're thinking.....sitting at the computer for a month, not going for a walk (except yesterday) enjoying way too many Soy Lattes and Apple Cinnamon Muffins and not paying attention to the mischievous little clothes pixies that swapped my trousers for a smaller size. And of course you are absolutely right, that is what happened. Sigh.

I have come to the realisation that I am in serious danger of two terrible things happening due to the amount of time I am spending with my arse planted firmly in my fancy ergonomic office chair. First those damn clothes pixies are going to have a field day and second I am going to be wearing this chair as a permanent appendage - picture a strange Humpback of Notre Dame lookalike...except it's a chair not a hump and it's on my butt not my back... but you get the idea.

So I'm going to lay off the muffins, perhaps get some vigorous exercise and maybe even do some yoga in the yoga pants. Dammit.

No comments: