Monday, December 31

New Year's Eve 5.30pm

It's pretty quiet around here, apart from the call of the Tamagotchi. The girls are away for a couple of days and Tom is having a nap. Because the girls are away I am answering the calls of not one, but two, Tamagotchis. It's nerve wracking because I don't want to be responsible for their deaths.

As well as that I am having my annual New Year meltdown. I don't really know why it happens, something to do the pending fresh start, a new beginning full of promise and a lot of angst about how badly I am likely to fuck it up. As well as a healthy dose of overwhelm about what I still want to do in my life. I have no valid reason to think I will fuck it up, although I can say I've managed it a few times in the past. However, 2007 has been a fairly good year in many ways, not least that I managed to complete two qualifications that have been hanging over my head for some time. I also finally left my job to go it alone in my business. The girls are happy, healthy and a constant source of entertainment and Tom and I are doing fine with no plans to become a divorce statistic anytime soon. Of course there have been low points but I won't dwell on those.

Whatever the past has been, at this time of year I still always manage to feel a bit lost, a bit apprehensive and a bit directionless. So this year I've decided to do something different. I'm going to sit down and make some lists. Not resolutions, because we all know those are made to be broken. Just some 'I'd quite like to...' or 'At some stage I may...' type of suggestions to myself. A short list of possibilities for 2008. Because the best thing about the future is possibility and really.....the possibilities are endless. Stay tuned.

Wishing you a happy and abundant 2008!!

No comments: