Thursday, July 12

Life as we know it

My peace has been shattered. The children have returned from a few days at Granny & Papa's farm. I don't know about them but I had a lovely break.

I have no idea how long it's been since I was able to lie in the bath at 5pm. Or work at the computer uninterrupted for longer than 5 minutes. Or eat dinner with my husband and have conversations that didn't involve synchronising our diaries for Fairy Ballet, Parent/Teacher interviews or school concerts. I even managed to go the supermarket and buy groceries that didn't have Shrek on the packaging. Tom and I did some shopping together late on Sunday evening (two important points there - 'together' and 'late'). As we stood at the checkout admiring our purchases - cheese, olives, good coffee - Tom sighed happily and said 'grown up shopping'.

And now they're back. My peaceful, tidy house has gone. There are rice bubbles on the floor, hot chocolate on the sofa and Dorothy the Dinosaur is wearing one of my bras. The air rings loudly with the theme from Play School and someone has drawn on the TV screen.

And I couldn't be happier.

No comments: