Wednesday, July 18

Is there a doctor in the house?

Today I woke up feeling unwell, it was a strange kind of exhaustion with a pounding headache and mild nausea. I struggled through the morning becoming increasingly concerned over the way I was feeling. A couple of times I felt a bit light-headed and started to think I should call the doctor for an appointment. All sorts of things were running through my mind, what could be wrong? Flu? Gastro? Something more serious? Brain tumour? Bubonic plague?

Then it hit me. The gin and tonics. I had two of them last night and what I was now experiencing was a hangover. Good grief how can two gin and tonics give me a hangover? Admittedly Tom pours a mean (and very large) gin and tonic. But still, it used to take gallons of alcoholic beverages to generate one of this magnitude...now it takes two gin and tonics. Pathetic.

So I had a very un-vegan greasy lunch and was right as rain after that.

And by the way, this is my 50th post to this blog. My golden anniversary of posting. I'd have a drink to celebrate but I might end up needing my stomach pumped.

Like I said. Pathetic. Pffft


No comments: