Wednesday, April 25

Interview with a vampire

Heather over at Nabbalicious sent me 5 interview questions which I will attempt to respond to here ...

1) Do you like haggis? My aunt used to date a really charming and lovely Scot, and we were all horrified to learn that his favorite food was haggis. I just wonder -- is this typical?

While it is typical that all Scots are charming and lovely, it is not typical that they all eat haggis, wear kilts, have red hair or say ‘hoots mon’ (whatever that means). I have had haggis in the past, I don’t eat haggis now but may one day if someone creates a vegan version. However, I doubt that will happen. I just can’t see tofu stuffed into a pair of old pantyhose being a suitable substitute for this sheep’s innards delicacy.

2) What has been the hardest adjustment you've had to make to living in Australia when you're from another culture? Or has it been a cinch?

The heat
- I actually miss not being able to feel my toes and my pale blue skin burns if exposed to sunlight for more than 30 seconds. I’m a shadow dweller, rather vampire-like in my aversion to the burning Australian sun.

Cold beer - Scotland is cold, we don’t need to be ingesting more cold and so our systems reject it. My (Australian) husband has been known to microwave my beer to approximately body temperature, this is the optimum temperature to drink beer if you’re a Scot (I apologise to any Scots out there that actually enjoy cold beer – freaks).

Apart from that it’s been a cinch.

3) What has been the happiest moment of your life so far?

It’s a toss up between the moment I discovered it was possible to get hot cross buns with chocolate chips in them or the day I found out Haigh’s dark chocolate has no added milk – vegan heaven.

Of course it goes without saying that when my daughters were born and my wedding day were pretty happy too. There is nothing suspicious about the fact that the chocolate came first.

4) What are your all time favorite books and movies? Least favorite?

I always find it difficult to answer questions like this, trying to narrow down favourite books and movies is impossible for me. I also wonder if anyone actually reads people’s favourite book and movie lists, I don’t. Ironically I have a recommendations section on my blog, as if anyone cares. There are many, many books and movies that I like. I will cheat a bit and say the movie I’ve seen that I liked best in the past month has to be ‘V for Vendetta’. The book I’ve liked best in the past month is ‘Spirituality of Adult Education’, and I didn’t actually like it that much, this is sad but true. The only reading I’m really doing just now is for academic purposes so I’m not suggesting everyone rushes out and buys this.

My least favourite in both categories are legion, I won’t start because a rant will ensue.

5) What talent do you wish you had?

I would really like to be able to turn base metals into gold. However I’m led to believe that this alchemical talent is fairly rare and it is extremely unlikely that I will perfect it. It would be nice if I could though.

Update

I forgot to add the rules in case anyone else wants to do this..

1. Leave me a comment saying, “Interview me.”

2. I will respond by emailing you five questions.

3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

No comments: