Tuesday, April 20

What’s next?

The girls went back to school today.  When I left work (3 weeks ago) I said I’d take the school holidays off and then perhaps do some temping, or get something happening with the business or, worst case scenario, get another job. Gah.

So, right about now I am contemplating these options.  I have registered with an agency (recruitment and temping) and it’s just a case of wait and see.  I’m unsure about the business because if I start something then get a job I won’t be able to continue with it.  A dilemma. In the meantime I’m trying to enjoy a little bit more time at home (without panicking too much over the electricity bill). 

One of things I’m thinking about doing is some more knitting.  Last time my sister was here she showed me how to knit socks (using 4 needles).  I knitted my first pair…

IMG_0522..not perfect I admit but my first attempt and I was pretty pleased with myself.

So much so that I decided I was going to make socks for everyone I knew.  So I went to my favourite sock yarn site and bought two skeins…(I know more than two people, that was just to start with…in theory)…    
 

IMG_0519

IMG_0520

…but didn’t knit another stitch.  Well that’s not entirely true, I knitted Tom a hat and started a hat for myself (last winter) but then it all got busy and depressing and I knitted no more. I am now feeling ready to embark on a project.  I’m not quite ready for socks yet (need to ease myself in) but I do like this little scarf.   So I’m going to have a go at it. 

image

Link for scarf

Watch this space for photos of either, a scarf looking rather like that one above, or a lump bearing a closer resemblance to something the dog brought up.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Then perhaps a cricket jumper.

Anonymous said...

I suppose I should respond to this one too...although I was trying to ignore it in case I end up having to actually knit a cricket jumper.

Never having attempted anything larger than a sock the idea of jumpers terrifies me.