Monday, July 21

Did you know....

...that the week of 1 - 7 August is Simplify Your Life Week? Who decided this? I know not. I can't find an official site for it, but I did find 268,000 results for it on Google so it must be real, but I can't promise I'm going to check them all to make sure - sorry, you'll just have to take my word for it.

Interestingly in my research I also discovered that August not only hosts Simplify Your Life Week it also hosts Work Like a Dog Day. Who thinks this stuff up? And I sincerely hope that Work Like a Dog Day doesn't fall in the middle of Simplify Your Life Week or there are going to be some very confused people out there because it seems to me those two events are not compatible.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm a sucker for simplifying my life. I hanker after a calmer lifestyle, less busy striving, less consumerism, less stuff, less frantic rushing about and so on. In fact I quite fancy a stint at being Amish but not for too long because I think those hats the women wear would make for even worse hat hair than a mortar board and I'd miss my laptop (I'm shallow that way) and I believe every day is Work Like a Dog Day for the Amish (except the sabbath of course). Also I just can't see Tom and the girls going for this......

However, there are other ways I can simplify my life and I'm going to make a list in readiness for Simplify Your Life Week - all suggestions gratefully accepted (although not necessarily acted upon). I shall post this list prior to the event and you can be entertained by how unlikely it will be that I actually do it my newfound simple lifestyle.

If it all works out I'll be renaming this blog - The Simpletons Gazette or something ....oh, wait a minute....

Photo credit - I did not take this photo and I always like to give credit for photos on the blog that I didn't take - however this one is in several places around the internet and none of them give credit to the photographer. If you took this photo and find it here on my blog please let me know who you are so I can credit you.

2 comments:

Miss Robyn said...

ooh sounds like a real life tv show coming on in your home!!
and it also sounds like Simple Abundance is a must for you right now.
and yes, there were alot of pilgrims in the city but I was too busy drinking champagne and dancing the night away to notice them!! Now I am paying for it.

Dave said...

No. I can think of nothing to add. There, a nice simple comment.