Monday, September 29

Exhausted

Well our visitors have gone. Everyone is exhausted, but in a good way. Aislin even fell asleep on the sofa this afternoon, something she hasn't done for a long time. About half an hour after they left Hannah started crying because she missed her cousins. Everyone is a bit tired and emotional. The girls are now having a long bath while I cook dinner...well actually I'm too tired to 'cook' anything so I got a casserole out of the freezer and I'm heating that up.

I think it will be an early night tonight, I'll head off with a cup of tea and have half an hour with Jonathan Strange and then lights out.

I spent some time this afternoon tidying up the computer files. This laptop is playing up and I'm worried it will crash and I'll lose everything so I've backed up all my files and I may do a computer 'clean up' later this week. Nothing like a defrag to get things running smoothly again - Windows Vista notwithstanding. The risk is the whole thing will go horribly wrong and I'll break the computer entirely - however I like a technological challenge so I'm going to do it anyway.

Sounds like the casserole is ready. I'm off.

4 comments:

Dave said...

'Tired and emotional' eh? That's newspaper code for 'drunk' over here.

Dave said...

Euphemism is the word for which I was search.

Anonymous said...

No I just meant tired and emotional.

I will admit to enjoying a couple of drinks over the course of the weekend but never enough to leave me tired and emotional that way.

Dave said...

I'll accept that as an excuse for not having a fresh post today.