Wednesday, September 10

On my desk

......today, is this....

Yes, again! As if the flu (only a month ago) and then the chest infection and sinusitis (only 2 weeks ago) weren't enough, now I have some other kind of sinusy head cold....or it's the same one back to torture me some more. Why? WHY? I don't know, except that a different child brought this plague to our door (thanks Hannah) but I feel crappy and I'm cross and frustrated and to be honest just a tad weepy and sorry for myself.

I didn't sleep a wink for the sinus pain last night and finally gave up and got up at 4am and sat drinking tea for hours wishing with all my heart that I could just tear my own head off. Then on top of everything I had to crawl into the pharmacy on my knees and grovel pathetically for sinus medicine and endure the scrutiny of the assistant while she decided whether or not I was actually ill or just wanted it for my drug lab. "Trust me!' I wanted to scream 'I wish I did not need your chemical poison but I am DESPERATE!!!'.

Anyway, it's obvious that my immune system isn't doing it's job right now so I'm on this because my doctor tells me it's marvelous stuff for feeble immune systems. Yeah, whatever. Alternatively someone could just take me out the back and shoot me. Please.

1 comment:

Z said...

Poor you. I hope you are feeling better by now. It's always the same; once you've been ill you're more likely to catch something else and end up feeling awful.

I've got a cold too and am vastly resentful as I pretend never to get colds.