Monday, September 8

Words

I love words so I was quite excited to find Wordle and make one of these magical creations produced from words from my blog. What I wasn't prepared for was how I felt when I saw it. At first I was a bit disappointed. I don't know what I expected, something more.....dream-like and spiritual? But as I don't really have a dream-like and spiritual blog that was probably hoping for too much. No, my blog is ordinary, my life, my angsts and confusions and stuff about school and shopping and holes in the back garden. So I got this......

http://wordle.net/

...and thought 'meh'. Until I looked more closely and found myself examining it in great detail and pondering some of the words......in what posts did I use the words 'lyrical' and 'broom'? It then occurred to me just how little I actually think about the words I'm using, how they just roll from my mind onto the page, a natural, easy, flowing thing (ok, I think about spelling and grammar but not the vocabulary so much). It seems crazy to say this but I think I'd actually forgotten - or was ignoring the fact - that the words on these pages originate in my head. Where did I get them all? Where do any of us get them all? How lucky we are to have our literacy.

Anyway, I liked it so much I decided I had to have one of my own creation....with perhaps a little more of the dream-like and spiritual me that you rarely see on this blog. So I did this one.


http://wordle.net/

Wordle is fun....go play....

3 comments:

Dave said...

I suspect you may see this on my blog within a few days.

Anonymous said...

Good, I'll look forward it. I suspect there might be a lot of cricket related words on yours.

Leanne said...

i played :-)

Leanne x