Friday, September 19

The newspaper bag project

Today I made a bag out of newspaper. No, not because I'm being thrifty or green, or green and thrifty but because Z wrote this post about this project and in the spirit of fun and support of fellow bloggers and their extended families I joined in.

I made this masterpiece...

Granted it's a bit difficult to tell from this photo that it is a bag, you'll just have to trust me on that. It's surprisingly sturdy and will actually hold things. Heavy things. Like wine bottles. Not that I'm fooling around with wine in the middle of the day. Oh no. Not me.

The very best thing about this project is that it gave me an excuse to avoid doing all the things on that long 'to do' list I mentioned yesterday. I can usually think up my own means of procrastination but it's always nice if someone else has a suggestion.

So pop over to the Newspaper Bag Project and join in the fun, make a bag and leave a photo...help Ro win a prize and show the world what happens when bloggers unite!

join the newspaper bag project

11 comments:

Dave said...

Who's nagging now?

Anonymous said...

Now come on Dave I didn't name you specifically.

However....how is your bag coming along?

Also, I want to hear all about Ireland and see pictures please. Lots of them. Quick. Get on with it.

Z said...

Hooray! Beautiful bag and thanks for the link.

Dave said...

I ahven't got time to make a bag, but I have now written, with pics, about Ireland.

Z said...

Can you send it to Ro again - he hasn't received it.

Z said...

Ro wonders if the pic was too big to upload, so he's taken it from here - if you'd rather send again he'll take that one down again.

Anonymous said...

Yes, perhaps it was too big, I'm happy for him to use the image from here if that worked.

Dave said...

I hate to mention that it's Sunday over here. I expect you're basking in the australian sunshine and are just too lethargic to post.

Anonymous said...

Yes, sorry Dave. It was Sunday here too and a rather spring-like one. We're expecting visitors next weekend so were busy preparing for that and generally enjoying the warm weather.

Today it's back to winter, cold, raining and thunder storms. But that's ok, I like that too.

I might even attempt a post sometime today.

Dave said...

Please don't feel under any pressure to entertain me.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.