Wednesday, August 13

On my desk or watching paint dry

I'm bringing you a quick 'on my desk' while I wait for the first coat to dry. As you can imagine the desk isn't getting a look in at the moment, it's all about the painting and the planning. So on my desk you'll find...

....paint charts....for obvious reasons.....

.....and magazines - a couple of well worn examples from my enormous collection of Country Living and Country Homes....I have House Beautifuls too. Inspiration (or 'house p0rn'* as a friend of mine used to call it).

Tom came home last night to alarming questions like 'can you reinstall that air conditioner somewhere else?' and 'how do I move kitchen units?'.

He looked a little frightened - especially as he's on holiday next week, in theory to have a rest before starting his new job on the 25th, but I think he knew I was making a mental list of jobs for him to do (that's a list in my head not a list that's mental....although.....).

I was going to tell you about his new job wasn't I? Well, not today.

Back to it.

*Yes I've disguised that word to fool the spiders, don't want to encourage anyone over here when they're clearly looking for something else. They'd be very disappointed to find pictures of paint charts.

6 comments:

Dave said...

But paint charts are very stimulating.

Anonymous said...

Yes well we might think they're stimulating Dave but someone who was actually looking for 'busty Swedish babes' might be a tad disappointed.

Remember, not all men are as lucky as you with the blonde Angular Television girlfriend who can't keep her hands off you. Spare a thought.

Leanne said...

i just had a thought caitlin... maybe in my new house i'll have room for that desk that i so obviously need!! a housewarming pressie to myself maybe!! :-)

Leanne x

Dave said...

You do realise that anyone looking for 'busty Swedish babes' is now going to be directed to your comments column?

Anonymous said...

Yes Leanne, I think you should most certainly treat yourself!

I know Dave, think of their disappointment when all they find is is Jedi knight and Leanne's (albeit lovely) chickens.

Leanne said...

lol!!