Saturday, November 8

It's not Sunday yet

By my reckoning I still have 3 hours and 10 minutes to get this post in without ruining my NaBloPoMo credibility.

Well. We went. I have been up since 4.45, it's been a long day and I'm exhausted - seriously, it has been non-stop. I've just (finally) put the girls to bed, I read them a story each and Aislin was asleep in about 45 seconds flat. Then I tidied the kitchen and loaded the dinner dishes into the dishwasher. I was just about to have a well deserved glass of wine and a mince pie (yes, I know mince pies in November, it's obscene) and put my feet up when I thought 'Holy crap I still have to do an effing blog post' 'oh! I must remember to do a blog post'.

So here I am.

Did I mention it's been a long day? Yeah, thought so.

So the Pageant. We got there at 6.15 and still didn't get a front row seat. However we did get a second row position and we had some very nice and considerate people in front of us who were actually aware that they weren't the only people that wanted to see it (unlike other years) so didn't block the childrens' view or wear big hats or erect 5 room tents right in front of us (hey, it could happen!).

I have things to report but not tonight, I'm making lots of typos and keep having to rewrite incoherent sentences ('what's new?' you cry). So tomorrow I shall write a lengthy report on today's events.

Here's a teaser....

Oh and in case you're wondering, yes there were a few clown moments. Only one ended in tears (yes, mine....I'm not proud of being a big baby) but am I the only person that can see these unholy abominations for what they truly are....you look me in the eye and tell me this thing isn't on the attack......{{shudder}}....

I'm going to have nightmares about this one tonight. And I'm home alone.....eeep!

6 comments:

Dave said...

Don't worry. We're all here with you.

laoi gaul~williams said...

clowns really really freak me out...big time! that one is in attack mode for sure


...did you know the lovely johnny depp is scared of clowns too...it has a proper name which escapes me...

Anonymous said...

Thank you Dave, I knew I could count on your long distance support.

Lee, I didn't know about Johnny Depp (swoon) so we're in good company. It's called 'coulrophobia' and is quite common apparently. A hospital somewhere did a study* of childrens' reactions to clowns and a large majority of them didn't like (or feared) clowns.....could be a problem with all those clown doctors around.

*Sorry can't give the reference for the study :-)

Moyra said...

I have admit that is a scary clown and I'm not usually bothered by them. I'm glad you went since I can't (not that I ever did when I was there haha).

Cathy said...

Glad to hear you survived! That clown does look like it's ready to attack! And glad to hear you haven't fallen off the NaBloPoMo wagon yet...wonder which of us will fall off first lol?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're really missing out Moy. Ahem.

Well I came close to falling off today Cathy, but a child with a broken foot is such fabulous blog material I couldn't miss posting that! :-)