Tuesday, October 28

Chained to the desk...

....that's me today, finishing work that should have been finished last week. No procrastinating, no distractions, no strolls around the garden. Just head down and getting on with it (I won't mention that little foray into the Druid Animal Oracle after lunch). My inner brat is having a tantrum because she's spoiled and doesn't like restriction but I've been firm.

I was only allowed to leave the house to drop off the children at school and pick them up again this afternoon. On the way out I did stop and have a chat with the neighbours - it would have been rude not to.

I like our neighbours very much, look at that beautiful face.

Now I'm home, I've listened to Aislin read and practice this week's sight words ('his', 'her', 'came', 'as' and 'was' if you're interested). Hannah had some spelling homework which I supervised. Now they're having a snack and I'm trying to squeeze in a bit more work before it's time to start dinner - except of course I'm actually writing a blog post aren't I? No fooling you.

Hi ho, hi ho, back to work I go.

3 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

hehhehe! i love your neighbours too...

unlike a certain miss 80% my sis spooky is being very distracted from her work right now. i have told her she has to settle down and get her asignments done and not 'talk' on msn with her new bf all night! she's coming up to 37 ('roll eyes here!)

Dave said...

Hmmm... images of a young lady chained to her desk. You'll be getting the wrong sort of visitors via Mr Google.

Anonymous said...

From memory (the first time I was at uni) I seem to recall that assignments and new boyfriends don't mix. This time around it was nappy changing that caused the distractions ha ha ha. How times change.

Yes Dave you're right, here I am chained to my desk wearing my best ball gown...who knows what kind of freaks I'll get.